- Children should be seen by the Orthodontist by age 6.0 yrs.
- We screen all of our young patients for airway issues with low dose cone beam airway measurements and with a sleep questionare
- Snoring in children is pathologic and should not be accepted as the normal
- Involvement of an ENT physician is most important as many times enlarged tonsils and adenoids contribute to constricted airways
- Orthodontic treatment consists of a combination of palatal expansion and Damon system braces to enlarge the back and front portions of the palate, respectively. This allows for more room for the tongue and an increase is airway size and enhanced quality of breathing.
- Proper breathing and oxygen intake is very important for children to enhance their growth, cognitive development and proper hormone function